Sunday 25 April 2010

Week Commencing 19/4/10

With my first track race of the 2010 season coming at the end of this week, I planned to crack out some quality sessions, in order to gain a bit of last minute speed. On the Monday, I completed a fartlek session, before embarking on my first track session of the week, a 2x1600m on the Tuesday. I did these reps in my new Saucony Fastwitch racing shoes, and found these to be a tremendous ride! The shoes almost simulated running barefoot, and I found them to be rapid and responsive, whilst still having enough cushioning to get me round the track 8 times! The day after this, I still felt well enough to endulge in a 5 mile easy run, before completing a 6x300m session, at about 800m race pace, on the Thursday.

On the Saturday, as planned, I competed in the 1500m at the midlancs league, finishing 2nd, in a new PB of 4.19. I was totally content with this, and I feel that later in the season, in cooler conditions, I will able to meet my season goal of 4.10

Sessions Completed this Week:
Monday: Fartlek Road (2 mins Easy, 2 Medium, 2 Hard) x3
Tuesday 2x1600m Track (3k Pace)
Wednesday: 5 Miles Road (Steady)
Thursady: 3x600m (46 seconds each approx.)
Saturday: 1500m Race Track (2nd 4.19)
Sunday: 4 Miles Road (Steady)

No comments:

Post a Comment