Sunday 4 April 2010

Week Starting 29/03/10

This week, I attempted to step my training up a little, to get ready for the start of the track season in mid-April. I completed a 2km time trial on the Tuesday of this week, and recorded a respectable time of 6.11, which I was fairly pleased with, considering the atrocious conditions that I was up against! I completed another track session on the Thursday, which went less well for me, but I guess this is to be expected following the taxing time-trial just 48 hours earlier. Today (Sunday) I competed in a 5k in Alexndra Park- Manchester, where I finished 6th with a time of 17.30, just 20 seconds off my best. I would thouroughly recommend this race to anybody wanting a PB over the distance, as the course was flat, well marshalled and the race itself was cheap to enter. I hope to compete thereagain later in the year, if I get the chance.

Sessions this week-
Tuesday: 2000m Time Trial- 6.11
Thursday: 5x500m- 70 second laps
Friday: 3 Miles easy
Sunday: 5k Race- 17.30

No comments:

Post a Comment